In this article, You can learn an overview of How to create conceptual projects and where to post them, finally how to attract new clients and get your first freelance or job opportunity!
Getting clients at an early stage in a career is difficult.
Related UX Articles
Does that mean you will not have a single project in your portfolio?
Not really. You can create conceptual projects.
Conceptual projects can be far ahead of the current time in regards to technology and human habits.
So, How to create conceptual projects, and where to post?
How to create conceptual projects?
- Choose a topic that you love (I like cars)
- Research about different apps related to your topic
- Sketch out the basic idea (car app to design body parts)
- Select a medium website, or an app
- Check technology constraints. You can skip these steps.
- Start designing the wireframes and user flow.
- Is a framework ready? Start designing the interface.
- Show how this app will add more value to its users.
Your first employer will always look at your work rather than past experience.
Where do you post your first projects?
Behance is a great platform to showcase your design projects. People can review it and give you honest feedback. Also, share a glimpse of your honest feedback. But don’t just keep posting design. A good project should have basic research, design brief, problem statement, and learning and outcomes.
Did you find these tips helpful?
Let me know in the comment. Thank you!